AS42708 - Peering Policy
Our peering policy is built around common sense and should not come as a surprise for anyone.
We apply some common rules and policies on new and existing peering sessions:
- We will only peer with public ASNs.
- Only BGPv4 shall be used for peering.
- MD5 is supported but not mandatory.
- We do not peer with networks that are downstream from us.
- We require contact info to a NOC and the team responsible for peering.
- Prefixes more specific than /24 (IPv4) or /48 (IPv6) will be filtered.
- Peer shall not point a default route and/or static routes towards AS42708.
- Peer shall not advertise prefixes learnt from other peers.
- Peer shall not advertise AS42708 prefixes to other peers.
- Peer shall use the peering session(s) for all traffic destined towards the AS42708 network.
- We strongly prefer but do not require peering at all common peering points.
- When peering at multiple locations we will adhere to hot-potato routing.
- We take liberty in shutting down peering sessions, both temporarily and permanently, should we feel the need for it (for instance flapping sessions).
- No traffic ratio is required when peering over a public peering point.
- No contract is needed, but we are willing to sign if required.
- We do not peer with networks that has been a direct downstream customer within the last six months.
- We filter on AS-SET so make sure it's updated.
- We reserve the right not to peer if you are a downstream customer of one or several of our existing peering partners.
This policy is a guideline and we do not guarantee that a peering session will be established even if the above requirements are met. That said, please feel free to send us an e-mail if you have any questions or if you would like to establish a peering session.
||peering at portlane dot com
||noc at portlane dot com
||+46 (0)8 412 00 710
||+46 (0)8 412 00 701
|Maximum prefix IPv4:
|Maximum prefix IPv6: